domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2012

The use of present continuous, will or be going to for future events


The use of present continuous, will or be going to for future events

Present continuous with future meaning

Sometimes we use the present continuous to talk about the future. We use it when we want to 
talk about what we have already arranged to do

We can use the 'going to' structure instead. The meaning is the same in both cases.

Examples:
I'm playing tennis this afternoon

I'm visiting my uncle next week.

My sister is giving me her car when she gets her new one.

We are having a barbecue on Sunday.

All my friends are coming to my party next week.

The train is leaving in ten minutes.

Rhonda is staying in on Friday.


“Going to” 

Use going to, to express what we intend to do in the future. Generally it is something that we have already decided to do.  

Examples

We are going to the zoo tomorrow.

On Friday I am going to Rob´s party.

My teacher is going to school tomorrow.

Bill is going to the cinema at the weekend.

I am going to the theatre this evening.

We are going camping tomorrow.

I’m going to see a concert on Friday.

She’s going to be in Thailand next summer.

They’re going to leave at 9 o’clock.

He’s going to make lasagne.

We’re going to watch the Simpsons.

He is going to spend his vacation in Hawaii.

She is not going to spend her vacation in Hawaii.

A: When are we going to meet each other tonight?
B: We are going to meet at 6 PM.

I'm going to be an actor when I grow up.

Michelle is going to begin medical school next year.

They are going to drive all the way to Alaska.

Who are you going to invite to the party?

A: Who is going to make John's birthday cake?
B: Sue is going to make John's birthday cake.

“Will”

Generally we use will when we decide to do something at the time of speaking. Something is new to you (for instance information you didn't know) and you decide to do something about it just then.

I will send you the information when I get it.

I will translate the email, so Mr. Smith can read it.

Will you help me move this heavy table?

Will you make dinner?

I will not do your homework for you.

I won't do all the housework myself!

He will probably come back tomorrow.

Carolina Torres
diseño de modas 

 



escuelas - Monterrey



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario